Brand Name – ZITICIN -250
Composition – AZITHROMYCIN 250MG Tablet
Azithromycin tablets are prescribed for the treatment of a range of bacterial infections. The medicine is effective in the treatment of bacterial infections in the respiratory tract, ear, nose, throat, lungs, skin, and eyes in adults and children. It is also useful in treating typhoid fever and some sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea. Azithromycin belongs to the class of antibiotics called macrolides. It works by hampering the cell wall formation of the bacterial cell which is the outer protective covering necessary for its survival. The tablets are designed for oral administration and shall be taken in evenly spaced intervals of time.
Take the tablets as per the prescribed dosage and duration by your physician. Do not chew, crush or break the tablets. Swallow the whole tablet with water. It is usually taken once a day or as prescribed by the doctor. Complete the full course of the medicine even if your symptoms improve, to ensure the spread of the infection and prevent antibiotic resistance. Some users may experience a few side effects such as vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, and diarrhea.
Azithromycin is a commonly prescribed medicine for bacterial infections. It is widely used for its broad-spectrum activity against a range of bacteria, making it a commonly prescribed antibiotic. Azithromycin Tablets are known for their convenient dosing duration, which involves a shorter treatment duration compared to other antibiotics. Some common medical benefits of Azithromycin are given below:
The common side effects noticed on using the Azithromycin tablets are temporary to mild. The side effects may vary in all users as they depend on the physiological condition and response to the therapy. Some common side effects observed on using the Azithromycin 250mg tablets are mentioned below:
Some drugs may interact with each other and cause negative health effects. The drugs may similarly react with certain food items and health conditions. Do not take the Azithromycin 250mg Tablets with the following mentioned drugs:
1. Do not take the medicine without a doctor’s consultation if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your newborn.
2. Do not take the tablets if you are allergic to azithromycin or similar medicines erythromycin, clarithromycin (macrolides), ketolides, or any other ingredients of this medicine.
3. Store the medicine in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
4. Keep the tablets out of reach of children and pets. Properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.
5. Do not take the medicine if you have a history of or are currently suffering from heart disease, cholestatic jaundice/hepatic dysfunction, or kidney problems.