BRAND NAME: XEPIME-TAZ
COMPOSITION: Cefepime 1Gm + TAZOBACTUM 125 MG
Cefepime + Tazobactum injection is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. Cefepime is an antibiotic that targets the infectious bacterial cell and destroys the protective covering, vital for the survival of bacterial cells in the human body. Tazobactum is a beta-lactamase inhibitor that blocks the action of enzymes produced by bacteria to inactivate cefepime. The addition of Tazobactum reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Cefepime against bacteria. The infectious bacterial cells produce toxins that damage the tissue and make you sick. The symptoms of bacterial infection depend on the targeted organ.
Do not self-medicate the medicine, and follow the dosage prescribed by the doctor. The Cefepime + Tazobactum injection shall be administered by a medical professional. The common side effects of this medicine are pain and swelling at the injection site and skin rash. Do not abruptly stop using the medicine as it may cause antibiotic resistance. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any active ingredient used in the medicine. Consult your doctor if your side effects persist or get worse.
The combined action of Cefepime and Tazobactum is highly effective in treating a wide range of bacterial infections. Cefepime is a cephalosporin antibiotic and Tazobactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor. The medication has broad-spectrum activity and is effective against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. The injection is useful in the treatment of the following mentioned diseases:
There are mild to moderate side effects of Cefepime + Tazobactum Injection. The side effects may last for a few days and then eventually get resolved over time. Side effects may vary in all users and depend on the users’ physiological conditions and response to the medicine. The commonly observed side effects of Cefepime + Tazobactum Injection are mentioned below:
Some drugs may interact with each other and cause ill health effects. The drugs can also interact with certain food items and health conditions. It is advised to not take the Cefepime + Tazobactum Injection with the drugs mentioned below:
1. Avoid consuming alcohol as it may interact with the medicine and cause negative health effects.
2. Pregnant women should consult their doctor before taking the medicine.
3. Lactating mothers should also consult their doctor before taking the medicine as it may pass into the breast milk.
4. Store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
5. Patients with liver disease should consult their doctor before taking the medicine.
6. Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets. Properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.
7. Finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.